To support the strategic plan’s pillar of Strengthening the Hood Community, we’re making an effort to practice more random acts of kindness.
We want to hear what you do to brighten someone’s day. Help us get to 125…or more. Submit a random act of kindness online and we’ll compile a list.
- “I paid for groceries for a customer who was in line in front of me at the store. Just because”
- “I invited someone to an event on campus.”
- “I connected my hair stylist with our music prep program!”
- “I sat with a girl in the dining hall who usually ate alone, and made a new friend!”
- “I write at least one Hood Hood Hurray each week.”
- “I paid for the car behind me in the drive-through, only to find out that the car in front of me had paid for me. #randomactsofkindness”
And some other ideas:
- Give someone a compliment.
- Write a note, just because…
- Hold the door open for the person behind you and let them go first.
- Say hello to a stranger…even when you’re not on campus.
- Write a positive note on a post-it and leave it on a desk for the next class.